Experts in health and science agree that side sleeping offers many health benefits. These benefits help improve your sleep throughout the night leaving you more energetic and focused the next day.
Some of these health benefits are listed below.
Left Side Sleeping:
- Aids in digestion which helps reduce issues with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Constipation, Lazy Bowel Syndrome and Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Reduces heartburn (acid reflux) which helps prevent Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), Barrett’s Esophagus and esophageal cancer
- Reduces snoring and sleep apnea by preventing the tongue from blocking the airway
- The best sleep position during pregnancy because it will increase the amount of blood and nutrients that reach the placenta and your baby
- Reduces high blood pressure / Hypertension by improving blood circulation and providing a better night’s rest
Left or Right Side Sleeping:
- Boost brain health by helping remove interstitial waste from the brain. This brain cleanse may help reduce your risk of developing Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and other neurological diseases
- Embracing simulation which offers a relaxing, enjoyable experience which helps people with high stress or anxiety like those with Asperger’s or Autism